Best Wedding Destinations in Uttarakhand for a Big Fat Pahari Wedding
Planning a Big Fat Pahari Wedding is not everybody’s cup of tea as we have to take care of the destination for the venue, theme and make the elders happy by hosting a great function. If you are going through the chaos of selecting an ideal destination for your Big Day to entice your Pahari guests, then you must check out these surreal places in Uttarakhand where you can throw a Big Fat Pahari Wedding.
1. Nainital: Cradled in the beauteous Kumaon division of Himalayas, Nainital is one of the best destinations to have a grand wedding as you can also plan your pre-wedding shoots. The alluring vistas of Nainital are perfect for clicking some candid photographs, spending some lovable moments near the Naini Lake and watching the sunset together from the Sunset Point.
2. Jim Corbett National Park: If you are looking for an off-beat destination for your wedding then, Corbett is the place for you where you can enthrall your guests by hosting a grand wedding in the wilderness of Nainital district of Uttarakhand. As there are many wedding ceremonies which exhaust the couple so you can rejuvenate yourself by heading for an adventurous Jungle Safari. And wrap up the day with bonfire night in which all the guests can sing and dance together.
3. Mussoorie: Tucked away in the magical vistas of Dehradun, this quaint hill station of Garhwal makes a perfect wedding destination. You can have a great wedding affair in the quintessential abode of Mussoorie as it boasts a kaleidoscopic landscape. It is not only perfect for pre-wedding shoots but also for hosting a lavish reception in its elegant banquet halls.
4. Dehradun: Idyllically situated in the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, Doon Valley is a perfect place for an Indo-western Pahari Wedding. You can choose your venue from an array of distinguished wedding halls, farms, banquets and the well manicured sprawling gardens. Doon is also popular for pre-wedding shoots at the splendid FRI, Dak Pathar, Asan Barrage and much more where you can preserve those unforgettable moments.
5. Rishikesh: If theme wedding is on your mind and you wish to have one, then Rishikesh is the place for you. There are innumerable options for theme wedding at Rishikesh. Here you can make your dream of having a beach wedding come true as there are several beach camps and resorts in Shivpuri and Kaudiyala. Plan a beach wedding with your wedding planner and have a rocking beach wedding at Rishikesh. You can also go for a theme that has the essence of Pahar with a western touch. Since clothes make a huge difference, you can keep ‘Pahari meets western’ theme in which adorning Tehri Nath or Pichora with Indo-western clothes or wearing a traditional attire with new make-up and hairdo will be a must. For turning your wedding into a gala event, you can sing and dance on the Pahari songs, play beach volleyball and serve an array of scrumptious Indian, Continental, Chinese, Garhwali and Kumaoni dishes to your guests.
6. Haridwar: The holy city of Haridwar has some world class ashrams that are perfect for having a close family function with your loved ones. You can get some great photographs clicked while holding a diya or lamp bedecked with flowers and floating them on the river Ganges. You can also meditate and go for spa sessions for chilling in Haridwar.
7. Ranikhet: Also known as “Queens Meadow” Ranikhet is situated in the Almora district of Uttarakhand showcasing a bewitching landscape. There are many charming destinations such as Majhkali, Bhalu Dam, Tarikhet, Chaubatia Gardens that are ideal for having pre-wedding shoots. You don’t have to worry about the accommodation of the guests as there are many luxury hotels as well as deluxe hotels where you can make your guests await a leisurely stay.
8. Lansdowne: If you want to throw a princely wedding then go for Lansdowne as there are various luxe hotels offering impeccable services to the connoisseur. This cantonment town is perched in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand and has a pleasant weather around the year. Also, the landscape is utterly beautiful for producing great wedding pictures.